GUCC 2015 was held over 10-11 April at St Joseph’s Institution International in Singapore.
Our participants came from 62 schools in 14 countries, as well as the Singapore Public Service Commission (scholarship awarding body).
Presentations were organised and run by counsellors from the following schools (all in Singapore): Australian International School, Canadian International School, Overseas Family School, Singapore American School, St. Joseph’s Institution International, School of the Arts, Stamford American International School, Tanglin Trust School, United World College of South East Asia.
The following university representatives participated throughout the two days:
- Jim Bock, Vice President and Dean of Admissions, Swarthmore College, USA
- Scott Crawford, Undergraduate Admissions, Washington University in St. Louis, USA
- Corinne Francken, Regional Manager, Marketing South East Asia, University of Queensland, Australia
- Charlotte Isaacs, Student Recruitment Officer, Oxford University UK
- Jeff Kiyooka, Recruiter & Advising Officer, the University of British Columbia, Canada
- David Lazo, Senior Admissions Counselor, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Vanderbilt University, USA
- Sally Rutterford, Head of Admissions, Student Records and Immigration Compliance, University of Exeter, UK
- David Uva, Assistant Professor, The Institute for the Liberal Arts, Doshisha University, Japan
We were overwhelmed by the positive response and enthusiasm of our peers as well as the university representatives. We realised we had identified a need in our region and had a model that was effective. As a result we decided to hold GUCC 2017 on 31 March and 1 April with the hope that this will become an annual event.